Process Engineer - RIE ETCH
GLOBALFOUNDRIES US, Inc.
Hopewell Junction, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Process Engineer for ETCH to join as an integral member of the Fab 10 team. This process engineering role develops and improves Reactive Ion Etch manufacturing processes used for new and existing products in GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 10. Processes and tools to be supported include those used for various RIE processes across all technology nodes from 180nm through the state-of-the-art 14nm technology.
Essential Responsibilities :
Development of RIE processes for new technologies, and support the transfer of those technologies to high-volume manufacturing
- Ensure process controls are in place and OCAP procedures are documented.
- Respond to excursions, identify points of cause and countermeasures to prevent future events.
- Summarize and present data sets for technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Support yield and Continuous Improvement activities related to the RIE processes and equipment.
- Support cost reduction actions while maintaining process quality.
- Support qualification and sustaining existing RIE tools.
- Able to perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
Required Qualifications :
Education - B.S. in Chemical or Materials and Science Engineering
- Experience - 0-2 years of Reactive Ion Etch or relevant semiconductor manufacturing experience.
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Must have permanent right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Master's Degree in Chemical or Materials and Science Engineering with 0-2 year's relevant RIE process development, engineering, and semiconductor manufacturing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic, motivated, and self-driven.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs, deadlines, and commitments.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.