Process Design Engineer
Kingscourt, Cavan, Ireland
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: Process Design Engineer
Reports to: Technical Engineering Manager
* Active Promotion of company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies.
* Improvement of plant performance with respect to raw additives, process improvements, Material Consumption and Energy Efficiency
* Reduction of process variation in the Plaster and Plasterboard production processes
* Definition and Implementation of best practice for the clients Plaster and Plasterboard Production Process's.
* Development of a high level of process technical competence within the manufacturing teams.
* Health and Safety
* Act as an ambassador for the highest Safety and Environmental standards, carrying out risk assessment and auditing according to company standards.
* Process Performance Improvement
* Develop an in-depth knowledge of best practice Gypsum technology in plaster and plasterboard production.
* Identify true root cause of process variations that result in yield, material efficiency and energy losses using WCM methodologies.
* Assist production teams in troubleshooting process and plant problems that affect yield, material efficiency and energy.
* Respect, Champion and be an ambassador for best in class Trial and Change Management in the plant including ehs and business risk assessment of proposed change.
* Energy management and consistent monitoring of energy and carbon performance of the plant
* Maintain a close liaison with SG Central Engineering and GPI Teams to ensure up to date Gypsum best practice is known in the plant
* Produce project proposals and implementation plans as required.
* Lead projects to reduce process variation as defined by the company.
* Deliver projects and upgrade to WCM standards.
* Deliver projects on time and within budget.
* Carryout EHS and Business Risk Assessments as part of the project management process as required.
* Participate in the commissioning of new equipment and the upgrade of existing equipment to the design specification following EEM principles.
* Work with process, electrical and mechanical engineering staff on FAT when required
* Deliver best in class training materials and practices by working closely with the Process Engineers in each of the manufacturing plants
* Train and develop factory personnel as required.
* Produce a monthly process improvement and project tracking report.
* Carryout other such duties as may be required from time to time.
Reporting and working Relationships
a) The post reports directly and functionally to the Engineering Manager at the plant.
b) The post requires building a close working relationship with EHS Teams, Learning and Development Personnel, Production Managers, QPC manager, Process, Mechanical, Electrical, Automation Engineers and shop floor crafts people and operatives
c) The post involves as required, participation with the Company's personnel in the review, research and development of production processes, and the utilisation of the clients Research and Technical facilities, libraries, intranet, etc
The position will involve contact with external suppliers of materials, equipment and services, including specialist research bodies, as required. Networking within group R and D community is considered a basic requirement.
Dimensions and Decision Making
Influence management on production processes by means of concrete information, facts and figures.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Qualifications required to fulfil the role Process/Chemical Engineering Degree.
* Energy management is advantageous
* Proficient in MS Office
Specific Work Experience Required to Fulfil the Role:
1. Proven track record in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
2. Report writing
3. Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and as part of a team
4. Analytical and good problem-solving skills
5. Knowledge of CAPEX
6. Lean manufacturing
8. Project Management
If interested in this role please contact Noelle on (phone number removed) for a confidential chat