Principle Electrical Engineer (Building Services)
Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Our client is a building design practice who require an experienced, motivated Principal Electrical Engineer looking to develop their career in a positive environment and join their team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled.
This role will be based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers all across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all of our focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
* The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
* Our clients focus is on developing their staff to realize their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management. Their practice is committed to developing their ways of working using emerging Digital Technology and the global reach offered by an organization of their size and reach.
* Their ideal individual will bring strong technical skills to the role, as well as an enquiring mind able to contribute to the growth of our digital practice, and the ability to lead and manage large and diverse delivery teams, locally and remotely.
* Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
* Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
* preparing technical specifications
* Work in partnership with our clients global design centre to add value to building services projects where appropriate.
* Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
* Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
* Report writing
* Maintaining records and archives to company standards
* Manage own workload
* Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects
* Chartered Engineer with CIBSE/IET
* Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
* Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor environment is desirable
* Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
* Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business