Principal Systems Engineer
Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Greenford, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Principal Systems Engineer (013jc) - Greenford - £ Competitive
Our Client has an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer seeking a new challenge. The Company is experiencing growth in its Distributed Anti-Submarine Warfare (D-ASW) segment across a range of innovative new products at different levels of maturity and requires additional experienced system engineers to develop the next generation of its ASW solutions. Those involve multiple disciplines (Electronics, Algorithms, Software, Mechanical) from early prototyping to early trial through to full production and as such provide a rich technical background on which to thrive.
This is an opportunity to grow your career within an innovative and progressive environment through exposure to ground-breaking technologies and systems. No two days at the Company are the same, and you will have the opportunity to develop your systems engineering skills across the whole lifecycle in the underwater warfare and maritime domains.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Leading the systems activities on a project you will apply sound engineering judgement to ensure projects are delivered to cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
* Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
* Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
* Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
* Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
* Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
* Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
* Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
* Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
A motivated and natural leader with a passion for successfully delivering the customer expectations, you will:
* Be able to gather data using both your own logical thinking and the surrounding project team, in order to draw valid and justifiable conclusions.
* Display excellent interpersonal skills and possess the empathy and skill to adapt your communication style to build rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers.
* Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work.
* Be capable of actively growing your network across the business, building trusting relationships and positively influencing others in order to deliver upon your objectives.
* Be willing to coach/mentor less senior members of the team to aid and monitor their development, providing feedback to performance reviews.
* The role is office based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad.
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days' holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed) Ext 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY