Principal Sustainability Consultant
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Owing to continued growth of the Sustainability and Energy team we have a vacancy sustainability professional to join the London Team. Our award-winning team includes Energy and BREEAM assessors and auditors. You'll need to have worked in a multidisciplinary project environment and have solid experience in sustainability and energy assessments on the built environment, particularly in the context of new and existing buildings.
* Carry out Sustainability (BREEAM, Sustainability Statements), Energy (SAP, SBEM) calculations, Overheating Analysis, Daylight / Sunlight Assessments and Energy Reports for planning.
* Preparation of technical reports
* Project management - team coordination, budgeting, proposal writing and reporting.
* Client liaison and key account management.
* Business Development - to actively seek new commercial opportunities and provide business development plans.
Qualifications and Skills needed:
* BSc / BEng in Building Services, Architecture or Environmental Sciences
* MSc in related discipline
* Accredited or working towards accreditation for BREEAM
* Experience on carrying out sustainability and energy assessments on a range of projects, preferably within a consultancy context.
* BREEAM and/or OCDEA/NDEA accredited
* Experience in carrying out BREEAM assessments.
* Demonstrable solid technical knowledge of current and future legislation in relation to UK law and best practice - especially NPPF, Part L and London Plan.
* Self-initiation of proposal/project winning
* Substantial experience of client liaison and key account management
* Proven ability to actively seek new areas of work (clients and markets), including cross-selling and awareness of internal opportunities
* Experience in managing and building relationships with clients and external stakeholders.
* Development, contribution and deliverance towards business stream objectives
* Appreciation of commercial processes and business context
* Substantial record of marketing environmental services
* Previous line management experience would be beneficial
What we offer you:
With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, we can offer unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
Our benefits include: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Private Healthcare, Company pension scheme, Group disability scheme, Share incentive scheme, Life assurance, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers, Health screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Membership
RPS Group Plc is a FTSE listed company, headquartered in the UK and is one of the world's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. RPS employs over 5,500 staff based in 115 major towns and cities.
Part of the Environmental Team, we are a highly regarded, well established, dynamic team on the provision of sustainability and energy assessments on new, existing and operational buildings. We provide a range of assessments (Energy Reports, Overheating Assessments, Daylight Analysis, BREEAM Assessments, Sustainability Statements, EMS etc) to a multitude of clients. Responsibilities include the completion of energy calculations and sustainability assessments, data interpretation and analysis, site visits and surveys, regulatory consultations and report writing