Principal Software Engineer, Bot Mitigation
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Overview NIKE Digital is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. At NIKE Digital, we embrace open source, contributing to the community by building - and sharing - digital solutions that work on a global scale. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with a network of open source libraries and tools, like React.js, Node.js and GraphQL. These investments and tools help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps and retool our services infrastructure.
We're passionate about NIKE and all the swoosh represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are inspired by the NIKE legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we seek to bring that level of innovation to our technologies. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to athletes* around the world.
*If you have a body, you're an athlete.
- Full Time
- Level: Corporate
- Travel: Minimal
Success Profile At Nike Digital, we're revolutionizing fitness and sport. We're creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best. As a team, we're motivated by Nike's proud legacy of always being first. Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our prodcts, services and brand. The work you do today will help modernize the workplace and prove essential to Nike's future success and growth.
- Digitally Savvy
- Technologically Savvy
- socially conscious
- team player
Nike gives me the freedom to create, to innovate, to fail. Our team is encouraged to experiment and take risks, a process out of which our digital future grows. Chris Peddecord Front End Engineer, Nike Digital
Nike is one of the biggest and most prestigious brands. Making nike.com live up to that prestige and work at a global scale, is the kind of challenge that brings me back to work, day-after-day. Ryan Miller Technical Architect
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Paid Time Off/Summer Fridays
- Family Support
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Company Wide Volunteering
We are seeking a high performing Principal Software Engineer to play a critical role in the development of the Nike.com Launch platform. You will lead the team with a focus on BOT mitigation and fairness to provide Nike's most passionate members and consumers access to our most coveted products.
The successful candidate is a proven leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skills. You will be expected to leverage your expertise to influence the broader organization's strategy regarding bots and fairness.
In this role, you will be responsible for coaching developers to continuously elevate their engineering skills and to deliver innovative and high-quality services that enable a consistent, maintainable and highly scalable Bot platform. You will be the champion and ultimately responsible for ensuring our software is of the highest quality. You'll lead by example, evangelize our agile culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. The successful candidate is a proven software leader with excellent communication and relationship building skills.
What we're looking for:
• 10 years software development or technology experience
• 5 years in a management or leadership role
• Proven ability to deliver on commitments
• Strong skills in team leadership and building positive relationships across Product and Engineering.
• Ability to influence outcomes across loosely coupled teams
• Expert level understanding of HTTP
• Previous experience in identifying and mitigating BOTs
• Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns
• Diverse and deep experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using languages such as Java or Node
• Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (AWS preferred).
• Experience in NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, or similar technologies.
• Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
• Understanding in agile principles and the Scrum development process
• Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Practical approach to solving complex problems with ambiguous requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area