Principal Electronics Engineer
Blakelands, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Principal Electronics Engineer
Integral Powertrain - Join a Record Breaking, Award Winning team.
Are you an experienced Principal Electronics Engineer interested in developing electronics for a wide range of e-drive projects where you can have a direct impact on the final product?
Would you like to be part of a truly innovative team who are producing ground breaking technology, have been recognised with a host of industry awards and played a part in setting world records?
We are seeking a Principal Electronics Engineer to design, test and develop the power and control electronics which are paramount to the performance of our e-drive products. You will play a vital role in leading projects and developing junior engineers.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do here at Integral Powertrain (IP). Our e-drive technology has set new standards in electric powertrain, smashed world records and recognised with a multitude of industry awards.
For over 20 years you will have seen our products in action in prestigious high-performance vehicles including most recently the Lotus Evija and Aston Martin Valkyrie. We have also supported many motorsport teams to achieve great things on the track.
We are building our name on ground-breaking technology, in some cases - products that our customers previously didn't think were possible! We love what we do, come and engineer the future with us!
As an employee of Integral Powertrain, you will receive ongoing personal development, training opportunities and a generous benefits package including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Life assurance and Private medical insurance.
The Principal Electronics Engineer will:
- Design low and high voltage motor electronics (power and controls)
- Manage electronics design and development projects including specification and requirement capture
- Design for manufacture
- Carry out testing and verification
- Support fault finding and debugging of designs by review as well has hands on testing
- Undertake schematic capture, PCB design and circuit simulation
- Prepare and release component specifications, Bill of Materials and drawings
- Specification / development of production test equipment
- Manage / coordinate engineering changes and maintain detailed design records
- Mentor junior engineers
- Ideally degree qualified in Electronics Engineering or similar
- Strong knowledge of analogue and digital electronics and power electronics
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar (Eagle CAD, Orcad or Mentor Graphics) as well as SPICE / LT SPICE, PLECS and PSIM
- Proficient in EMC Testing
- Ideally have previous experience within the automotive or motorsport industry - other industries will be considered.
You may have previously worked as a Principal Electronics Engineer, Power Electronics Engineer, Senior Electronics Engineer, Software and Electronics Engineer, Electronics Design and Development Engineer.
If you think you have the skills and experience required to become our Principal Electronics Engineer, apply now