Post-Grad Athletic Intern - Promotions & Fan Engag
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Texas Tech University Postgraduate Intercollegiate Athletics Internship is intended to provide on-the-job learning experiences for college graduates interested in pursuing a career in various areas of intercollegiate athletics. This program can last 12-36 months.
Future leaders will gain experience in using principles such as:
- Applying a standard of ethics to policy and administrative context.
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of current operations within area of assignment.
- Communicating relevant information and ideas
- Managing university resources to achieve organizational goals
Texas Tech Athletics is seeking qualified applicants to serve as a Post Graduate Athletics Intern for Promotions and Fan Engagement. Please see the information below for more details about the position and how to apply.
Assist in the planning and execution of marketing and fan engagement efforts for select sports. Duties include:
- Creation, implementation, and analysis of marketing plans.
- Creation and execution of game presentation scripts.
- Development of promotional materials, advertisements, and social graphics .
- Coordinate efforts with communications, ticket office, ticket sales, various sport staff, and event management to ensure success and maximize fan engagement opportunities.
- Actively research and develop new grassroots ideas for increasing attendance for collegiate athletics.
- Assist with the coordination of promotions and fan engagement for select Texas Tech athletics events.
- Maintain compliance with all NCAA, Big 12, and Texas Tech University rules, regulations, and policies.
Texas Tech University Overview Texas Tech University offers more than 100 undergraduate, over 100 masters, and 50 doctoral degree programs, and is in the midst of the most exciting time in the school's history. As the university embarks on becoming the state's next national research university, the opportunities for students could not be greater. Even with an enrollment approaching 36,000, the University prides itself on retaining the feel of a smaller institution where students boast of one-on-one interaction with top faculty. The University strives to foster an environment that celebrates student accomplishment above all else. Texas Tech is large enough to provide the best in facilities and academics, but small enough to focus on each student individually, with a commitment to enhancing the cultural and economic development of the community, state, nation, and world. Texas Tech students come from almost every county in Texas, all 50 states and more than 100 foreign countries.
Texas Tech University Athletics Texas Tech University participates in the NCAA Division I and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference. The Athletics program proudly promotes its mission, "To Educate, Serve and Grow Fearless Champions," by supporting more than 400 student athletes in 17 different sports. Mission Statement To Educate, Serve and Grow Fearless Champions Guiding Principles Each day our focus is on our student athletes' experience.
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university and previous experience with collegiate or professional athletics.
- Excellent communication skills. NCAA Division I gameday promotions experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with Photoshop, Microsoft Office and similar software.
- Experience utilizing graphic design software.
- Extensive experience with multiple social media platforms.
- Commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, Big 12 Conference, and institutional rules as they apply to the department.
- Apply online at ; enter via STAFF portal and search for req#ID 15655
- Shortcut URL:
- Required Attachments: Resume & Cover Letter
- If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at or .
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. Texas Tech University offers a great benefits/retirement package!