PLC Technician (Programmable Logic Controller)
Stimson Lumber Company
Gaston, Oregon, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Stimson Lumber Gaston, Oregon mill is seeking a Journeyman levelPLC Technician with PLC controls experience. This person should be looking to engage in creative and innovative solutions to support process and controls improvements. The PLC Technician will be responsible for the day to day maintenance and improvement of the mills industrial control systems.
The schedule for this job is Monday thru Friday, on the Day shift; 6am to 3:30pm
YOU WILL BE…
- Demonstrating safe work practices in all you do
- Providing preventive and predictive maintenance of the electrical distribution system; conducting daily rounds and readings.
- Utilize a strong understanding of PLC programming, electrical and controls systems to maintain, repair, and improve electrical control systems in the plant
- Evaluating and analyze control processes to identify opportunities to increase value for the plant
- Serving as lead in developing and implementing strategies for targeted equipment improvements, utilizing new and existing automation and control technologies for both short and long-term solutions
- Assisting the maintenance and management team in process improvements while demonstrating and driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Interfacing with other departments and outside electrical vendors to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ensuring plant equipment control systems are operating effectively and in compliance with safety regulations
- Providing guidance for the safe installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical control systems, including components of machinery and equipment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with electrical and control systems in a manufacturing plant/ production setting
- A strong understanding of digital and analog machine controls as well as the use of PLCs in automation and monitoring.
- Strong mechanical knowledge is preferred
- Previous experience with Controllogix systems is key for the position
- Experience with MCC's, VFD's, conveying and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of schematics, proficiency with temposonic positions and understanding of project fabrication
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints, specifications, codes, ordinances and other documentation of equipment and systems within the plant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and highly self-motivated individual
- Competitive pay& pay for performance
- Employee Referral program; earn a $500-$1000 bonus for a successful referral
- Medical / Dental / Vision Options
- 401(k) with a 6% company match- vested IMMEDIATELY!
- Company Profit Sharing
- Wellness Program with reward incentives
- Paid Time off& 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement, Apprenticeships, Career Development
- Access to company owned land for recreation, including special tag draws
- And much more!
As an equal employment opportunity company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.