Physicist - Frontier Cancer Center
Billings, Montana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Physicist at the Frontier Cancer Center.
You are able to travel up to 25% of your time to our Cody, Wyoming clinic.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898. Our team is second to none, and we work well together.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five.
Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. And providing holistic care to our patients always comes first!
As a Physicist under the direction of the Radiation Oncologists, you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Confer with Radiation Oncologists and Residents regarding paitient disease to provide an optimal treatment plan
- Produce plan with pertinent instructions to accomplish patient set-up documented on plan
- Assist Radiation Oncologist in defining and localizing beam coverage and target volumes
- Utilize optical disk, film digitizer or analog digitizer to input physical patient parameters into treatment planning system
- Construct molds, casts, compensating filters, and beam-shaping devices to accomplish patient treatment and reproducibility per computerized plan
- Assist in the application of brachytherapy procedures
- Oversee quality assurance monitoring, loading and transportation of radioactive material.
- Participate in on-going research projects
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why you need:
- Masters of Science degree or PhD in medical physics with the appropriate clinical training
- Board certification requirements by the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) or American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP) must be met within three years of hire
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a clinical setting
Your next move
Now that you know more about being a Physicist on our team we hope youll join us. At St. Vincent Healthcare youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.