Physician / Surgery - Cardiothoracic / Kentucky / Permanent / Cardioth
Hazard, Kentucky, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Healthcare & Medical
- Join 1 CT Surgeon, who also does vascular procedures. Currently takes 22 days of call per month
- About 80 hearts per year
- 4 interventional cardiologists
- 3 of the 4 interventional cardiologists do vascular procedures. They do not take call for General Surgery or Vascular
- 16 bed cardiac critical care unit
- We offer a vast array of medical services and serve as a tertiary referral center for hospitals in our service area. As the largest medical center in Southeast Kentucky, offers the residents we serve some of the most state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and advanced medical services including:
- A robust cardiac program which includes cardiology, heart catheterization, open heart surgery and cardiac rehab.
- A state-of-the-art cancer treatment center offering chemotherapy, hematology and radiation treatments. Also a nationally designated breast center and also offers advanced imaging technology and surgical services to our oncology patients.
- A distinct 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit as well as outpatient rehabilitation services that include occupational and physical therapies, and speech-language pathology.
- State-of-the-art surgical suites where we perform general as well as specialty surgeries such as open-heart and bariatrics.
- The 100-acute care bed psychiatric center, which is the designated State acute mental health facility for a 21-county region in Eastern Kentucky.
- One of the region's oldest and most respected Home Health agencies and home durable medical equipment stores.
- Last summer, we celebrated the opening of the Joe Craft Tower, which added 100,000 square feet to our medical center, making it the largest hospital in eastern Kentucky. The Joe Craft Tower is a three-story patient tower that includes a 24-bed emergency department, a dedicated 16-bed cardiac critical care unit, 34 private rooms, and a new helipad to facilitate safer and timelier air transports to and from the facility. Detailed planning went into giving the Joe Craft Tower the most patient and care-giver friendly design possible.
- Telemedicine for Pediatric Cardiology from University of Kentucky
- A lot of heart disease throughout EKY
Inform a friend!