Physician / Geriatrics / Kentucky / Permanent / Geriatrician Position
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Healthcare & Medical
Established health system is seeking a skilled Geriatrician in Western Kentucky.
- Health system-employed with integrated Epic electronic medical records system in hospitals and clinics
- Competitive two-year guaranteed base salary, annual incentive bonus, sign-on bonus, and in-house, healthcare-specialized marketing team
- Six weeks of vacation (includes one week for CME)
- Modern flagship hospital that opened in 2013, licensed for 477 beds, with health system-employed hospitalist group and leading-edge equipment; Health system covers a 15-county area with a population draw of over 400,000
- Funded liability insurance/malpractice/tail coverage, multiple retirement plans, full health/medical benefits, $4,500 CME annually and more.
- Private physicians lounge open 24/7 with complimentary food and beverages
- On-site workout area for employees in the hospital, plus complimentary family membership to health system-owned accredited medical-based fitness facility, the Healthpark
- Family Medicine Residency program starting in summer 2020; teaching opportunities will be available
Regional health system represents a new era of healthcare and wellness for the region. The modern $378 million flagship hospital facility (opened in 2013) features a nine-story facility licensed for 477 patient beds and offers views of lush green vistas and natural scenery from every room. In addition, highly advanced medical technology is easily accessible. Among the advancements invested in:
- 16 operating room suites
- 2 da Vinci® surgical systems to aid in minimally invasive procedures
- Expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Epic - electronic medical records system
- RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) system for technology tracking and inventory
As one of America's best places to live and work, as much to offer, including:
Ranked #1 in the WORLD - Smothers Park Riverfront playground, spray-park, Riverwalk, concessions, fountains, and live outdoor entertainment/music space $200 million invested in downtown revitalization has resulted in:
- Two new award-winning hotels, with a third under construction
Inform a friend!