Physician / Administration / Florida / Permanent / Chief Medical Offic
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Healthcare & Medical
Size of Hospital: 266 beds
Medical Center has been serving the community for more than 40 years. As a fully accredited healthcare facility, we strive to provide the latest in state-of-the art technologies and best practices to our community. With more than 1100 employees and 500 physicians, our number one priority is to exceed our patients' expectations with the highest quality and most compassionate care.
Medical Center has received several awards and distinctions over the years including:
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Designation for Maternity, Spine Surgery and Cardiac Care
- Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Certified in Hip & Knee Joint Replacement by Joint Commission
- Certified in Spine Surgery by Joint Commission
- Certified in Sepsis Care by Joint Commission - Less than 100 facilities in the country have this certification.
- Comprehensive Breast Center Accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Comprehensive Breast Center Accredited by Commission on Cancer
- Certified as Medicare Mammography Screening Facility
- Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Offers the fastest ER Wait Times in Leon & Gadsden Counties. Our ER is fully equipped to handle urgent and critical emergencies, including; cardiac, neurological and pediatric emergencies, orthopedic injuries, and obstetrical & gynecological cases.
We have physicians in 20 specialties and subspecialties readily available, and patients are assured access to comprehensive emergency healthcare 24-hours-a-day, seven-days a week.
General Position Information
Reports directly to: Chief Executive Officer
Matrix reports to: Division Chief Medical Officer
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
Tallahassee was recognized as an All-American City for the 2nd time. As the State Capitol, Tallahassee is rich in cultural diversity, local attractions and festivals, an array of cuisine and just a short drive from some of Florida's most beautiful beaches. Join a comm