Pest Control Service Technician
South San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Orkin is the leader in the pest control industry.
Our purpose is to serve and help protect the world where we live, work, and play. Our Pest Control Service Technicians are committed to this purpose.
No experience necessary, BUT... FOR APPLICANTS WITH AN ACTIVE PEST CONTROL LICENSE WE ARE OFFERING:
Are you interested in a chance to expand your knowledge and grow your career as well as your financial opportunities? Then check out our position that can turn into so much more!
The Successful Candidate Will . . .
- Complete our award-winning paid training and learn the skills required to be responsible for the daily operation of a pest control service route
- Follow a route schedule within the assigned territory, ensuring timely and safe arrival at each customer
- Operate a company vehicle safely and ensure the cleanliness of the vehicle and equipment
- Communicate with customers to ensure satisfaction and discuss additional services that meet customer needs for a complete pest management program
- Serve as a problem solver for your customer by utilizing the in-depth training provided to decide on the most efficient and best overall pest solution for each customer's needs
- Complete all required service-related documentation and leverage your handheld device provided for speed and accuracy
- $ Sign-on Bonus for active Pest Control License
- Extensive paid training for our Route Service Specialist who deliver valuable service to customers every day.
- The opportunity to grow your career and control your financial opportunity.
- Competitive pay with commission opportunity
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision & life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship awards
- Founded in 1901, Orkin is a global residential and business service provider who provides the most accurate, comprehensive, and efficient pest management services.
- As the industry leader, we value PEOPLE, PROGRESS, and PROFESSIONALISM
- The Pest Management Industry is growing - and is a recession-resistant line of business
- Orkin is financially stable and growing as the largest subsidiary of Rollins, Inc. , (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Requirements: We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen. Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations:
- Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's weight capacity
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, rooftops, etc.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Good work history
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently in the field with strong organizational skills
Sign-on Bonus: Half paid at the time of hire; half paid after 90-days of continuous employment. Must have an active pest control license at the time of hire to be eligible.
- High School/GED or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
See job description