Pediatric Daycare Classroom Assistant
Manchester Township, New Jersey, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
PURPOSE OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary purpose of your job description is to provide the children in your assigned room with routine daily care and activities in accordance with Aristacare's Mission and Vision. Maintain a professional demeanor while adhering to our established care and activity procedures as defined in the Mission and Vision, and as directed by your supervisors.
Efforts have been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, charts, and communication books.
- Immediately report to RN observance of accidents and incidents.
- Immediately report to RN any changes in child's condition.
- Assist the Activities Director with the implementation of the planned activities posted on the activity calendar.
- Perform and/or assist in child care activities which include: developmental stimulation, toilet training, diaper and clothing changes, lifting, moving and transporting children into and out of cribs, cots, mats, chairs, wheelchairs and adaptive equipment.
- Assist in the transportation of children to/from home and the facility and class trips.
- Prepare child for meals (take to bathroom, wash hands, clothing protectors).
- Serve food following policies and procedures regarding portion size, allergies and food restrictions.
- Assist with feeding (cutting food); reporting any changes in child's eating habits.
- Perform after meal care by removing trays, cleaning child's hands, face, clothing and take to the bathroom.
- Immediately notify nurse of any child leaving/missing from facility.
- Wear Identification Badges at all times.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precaution policies and procedures.
- Initiate and participate center clean up at the end of the program day including disinfecting toys, mats, chairs and tables with disinfecting wipes or sprays, cleaning of pantry including loading and unloading of the dishwasher.
- Report equipment, supply needs and defective equipment to RN.
- All other duties that may be assigned
- Completes all assigned educational requirements on a timely basis.
- It is the expectation that the Child life Associate will maintain the confidentiality of all children's information. All children will be treated fairly, with dignity, kindness and respect. Present a positive professional image of the facility to families and community by acting in a professional manner. Be honest open and direct to fellow workers while expressing your views constructively. Report all grievances and complaints made by parents and guardians to Administration.
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves while working through out the facility or the possible evacuation of children.
- Will be subject to frequent interruptions, by hostile and emotionally upset children, family members, personnel and visitors.
- Will be involved with children, personnel, visitors, government agencies.
- Is subject to odors, may be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, including the potential exposure to AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
- Must be able to read write and speak English in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to relate information regarding the child's condition.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively and tactfully with children, personnel, visitors and general public.
- The Child life Associate must have a high school diploma or equivalent, AHA CPR/AED. Pediatric experience preferred, if no experience you will be responsible for completing education regarding pediatric growth and development and information on children with special needs.
- Reports to Director of Nursing and Administrator or alternates if applicable. The Director of Activities will assist in job performance evaluation by giving input to the Administrator regarding compliance with activities assigned in room.