Arlington, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Ref ID: 04393988
Classification: PC Technician
Compensation: $17.10 to $19.80 hourly
Robert Half Technology is looking for a PC Technician with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical users in an understandable and concise manner while solving complex technical issues. If you are a self-starter and enjoy solving problems and working in a positive, dynamic environment, then we want to hear from you! Come work as a short-term temporary PC Technician in the Arlington, Virginia, region.
What you get to do every day
- Manage equipment inventory, collaborating on purchases as needed
- Support functionality testing and end users
- Install printers, and troubleshoot and repair issues
- Provide computer hardware support for PCs, laptops, monitors, servers, and other IT equipment, including diagnoses, repairs, rebuilds, and refurbishments
- Own imaging and preparation of new computers
- Own and complete technology implementation projects
- Oversee data transfers from PC to PC and troubleshoot software/hardware and break/fix
- Disassemble, pack, move and set up/install on site
- Provide frequent and effective communication with ticket submitters
- Ensure the integrity of electronic data records, acting in accordance with company quality standards
- Arrange for repairs through the appropriate vendors
- Take down, box and ship equipment that is outdated
- Retain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and solutions or installations
*** For immediate consideration please email your resume to ***
- 1 - 3 years of experience supporting PC and Mac hardware and software, as well as knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, and WAN - Familiar with network design and implementation strategies - Strong attention to detail - Ability to multitask and communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds - Comprehensive knowledge of PC desktop/workstations - A CompTIA A+ certification is a requisite for the position - Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement - Flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments *** For immediate consideration please email your resume to ***
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities - fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.