Payroll Officer - NHS
Anonymous 23361.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Keighley, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: temporary
Job industry: Accounting
Taskmaster are currently seeking a Payroll Officer for an NHS client in the BD20 area.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Duration: Up to 9 months initially, with scope for extension.
To provide a high quality payroll service in an efficient and effective manner, enabling the Trust and other organisations to pay all their employees in a timely and accurate manner whilst ensuring that they meet their statutory obligations.
MAIN DUTIES / KEY RESULT AREAS:
* To prepare the weekly and monthly payrolls as part of a team with individual responsibility for specific staff groups, to meet strict time scales;
* To validate and audit the work of the other members of the team, taking any necessary corrective action;
* To act as contact for ward/department managers and the staff within those areas, to investigate issues arising from payslips, analysing information and answering and resolving queries tactfully and with sensitivity;
* Responsible for maintaining systems to enable payroll records to ensure that accurate payments are made and that the Trusts/employees statutory requirements are made;
* To input routine data in to the computerised payroll system, in an efficient and accurate manner including the download and offload of payroll data;
* To produce appropriate spreadsheets to analyse payroll information;
* To understand and apply current payroll regulations relating to individuals pay and conditions;
* To answer routine and complex queries from external organisations and agencies on payroll related queries;
* To calculate manual payments of salaries and wages in accordance with Trust procedures;
* To calculate complex payments to employees of the Trust i.e. maternity pay and redundancy, which also enables the Trust to forecast future costs;
* To provide assistance on other payroll related issues i.e. superannuation;
* To plan and organise own workload and that of junior members, and to be involved in training and developing junior members of the team and co-ordinating the work of work experience students;
* To calculate and prepare routine deductions from payroll;
* To act in the absence of the payroll/assistant payroll manager;
* To provide training to the Trust employees on payroll related issues;
* Other duties, which may be assigned by the line manager commensurate with the grade.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS THAT WE RECEIVE, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE WITHIN 5 WORKING DAYS, THEN UNFORTUNATELY YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE ROLE ON THIS OCCASION.
Taskmaster is operating as an employment business / agency for this vacancy