Paralegal - Greeneville, TN
Greeneville, Tennessee, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Legal
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldParalegal - Greeneville, TN
*This position is located in Greeneville, TN.
Works under the direction of Supervisory Paralegal or Project Supervisor.? Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures;?
- Compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents;
- Summarizes depositions and other transcripts; maintains case files;
- Performs simple legal research;
- Indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery);
- Indexes, tracks and exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial.?
- Prepares exhibit cross-references.?
- Assists attorneys in courtroom.?
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.?
- Other examples of the types of work to be performed include compilation of documents for FOIA, production requests, Congressional inquiries, etc.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance.
- Must have a Paralegal Certificate or similar, Bachelor?s Degree helpful. (Equivalent legal training may be substituted with COR approval); alternatively, three (3) years of experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), Lexis and Westlaw.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Basic familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources
- Works and interacts professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran?s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster