Optical Design Engineer
ACS Performance 45000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Worthing, Sussex, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: Optical Design Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Our client is a market leader in the field of optical design, selling to over 70 countries globally. We are recruiting for an Optical Design Engineer within the Research and Development department. You will be involved in all stages of product design, from concept feasibility through to full scale manufacturing. You will also be involved in the optical aspects of production processes, both improving and maintaining current processes and the introduction of new systems. This is an excellent opportunity to develop innovative products
This role involves all aspects of the optical design and optical performance of ophthalmic products - critical to the company as it strives to maintain it's position as a market leader in innovation. As part of a medical device manufacturing team you will be expected to help ensure all processes are fully validated to a level consistent with the needs of the relevant regulatory bodies.
* Develop new ophthalmic products.
* Work with universities and external contractors to develop new products and processes.
* Project manage cross-departmental project teams to deliver new products to market.
* Work with production to solve manufacturing issues.
* Work with Regulatory Affairs to provide data for regulatory bodies.
* Experience in optical component / system design.
* Zemax optical design software experience, 3+ years.
* Experience working within a multidisciplinary project team.
* Ability to understand, digest and disseminate complex concepts at levels appropriate for the target audience.
* Experience in optical component fabrication (e.g. diamond turning).
* Experience of working to medical device regulations and directive (ISO13485, FDA QSR 21, CFR 820 etc.)
* Experience using MATLAB.
* Knowledge of diffractive optics.
* Self-motivated, capable of working without supervision on own initiative and capable of motivating others.
* Works proactively as part of a team.
* Able to work under pressure, accurately and to deadlines.
* Well organised.
* Degree in science / engineering or equivalent professional experience.
* PhD involving optical system / component design.
ACS are recruiting for an Optical Design Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an Optical Design Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as an Optical Design Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as an Optical Design Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Optical Design Engineer role you desire