Viridor 50000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Strathclyde Business Park, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Are you an experienced operations professional with experience in waste management looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Operations Manager. Based in Strathclyde, this role will hold responsibility for existing Local Authority business and a new contract managing Household Recycling Centres & Transfer Station operated within Scotland.
Joining our team, the Operations Manager will assume full management responsibility for the HWRC and Transfer Station operations within Scotland, ensuring always that they operate in accordance with statutory legislation, environmental obligations and Company procedures. You must ensure that internal and external customer service levels are met in an efficient, profitable and safe manner. Duties include:
- Ensure that the HWRC and T/S operations meet or exceed customer requirements are operated safely, and that budgets are controlled to ensure contribution levels.
- Lead, direct and motivate the staff across all HWRC and T/S sites ensuring excellent customer service
- Plan, communicate and work with internal & external Logistic companies to ensure a proficient work practice across the contract.
- Responsibility for implementing and reviewing measures to improve recycling rates across all HWRC & Transfer Stations.
- Provide good sound technical advice, confident to manage Viridor's & client expectations.
The ideal Operations Manager:
- Good knowledge of relevant Waste Management Legislation.
- Ability to identify problems and produce cost effective solutions.
- Good knowledge of H&S regulation and safe systems of work.
- Good knowledge of plant and machinery relevant to waste recycling and recovery.
- Knowledge of Gatehouse, Company P&L and Syspro systems
- A proven track record of man management across multiple facilities / depots.
- Previous experience of training new, temporary and existing employees
- Relevant COTC.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification
In return for your hard work as our Operations Manager, we can offer a Competitive salary of £45,000 - £50,000 plus Company Car and excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY for the role of Operations Manager.The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.