Executive Stand-By Ltd
salary: 62000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Annfield Plain, Durham, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
* Manage production at plant according to set budget, targets and specifications, in an Upper Tier COMAH facility
* Liaise with functional or other operational area managers to understand current and future needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations activities.
* Develop and implement schedules, procedures, product and site processes and allocate labour and capital resources to maximize productivity and ensure availability level.
* Responsible for performance improvement; safety and environment; analyzing production, managing LEAN projects, skill and competence development; maintenance and maintenance investments and inventory records to identify problems and recommend solutions.
* Plan, prioritise, and manage operations processes (e.g. production, planning, delivery, inventory) to minimize disruptions to production schedules. Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of operational professionals to meet the sites established standards and targets. Co-ordinate recruitment and training of all direct reports, ensuring records are maintained to demonstrate the skills and competence of personnel involved in plant operational activities. Conduct performance and development discussions providing coaching and guidance and challenge staff to continuously improve key skills with particular emphasis on safe operation.
* Co-ordinate hiring and training of all production and logistics personnel
* Conduct performance and development discussions providing coaching and guidance as appropriate.
* Develop, implement, and monitor all logistics management activities efficiently, including inbound and outbound logistics, factory-to-factory logistics and inventory location network.
* Manage logistics activities and resourcing to maximize the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organization's supply chain.
* Ensure transportation and terminal safety and legal compliance.
* Develop and implement logistics plans, schedules and procedures.
* Manage warehousing operations practices and policies.
* Contribute to ongoing relationships by supporting sourcing manager with major service providers
(for example transport and forwarding companies) to minimize costs and ensure the
organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
* Effectively manage and develop own team knowledge, skills and performance.
Working Experience and education:
A minimum of degree/equivalent in Science, Applied Science Engineering or Management studies together with leadership experience.
NEBOSH or nationally recognised safety certificate
Competencies and skills required:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Champion of teamwork.
Safety and environment orientation
Manufacturing process knowledge
Special requirements: Ideally experience of working in an Upper Tier COMAH environment
Interested Please apply