Operations & Maintenance Engineer
Vital Energi 36500.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Vital Energi Utilities Limited (VEUL) is one of the UK's market leaders in delivering centralised community energy projects. As a result of our continuing success we are experiencing rapid and extensive growth in all business sectors; as such we have an exceptional opportunity for an Operations & Maintenance Engineer based in/around the London area. We are looking for someone to undertake Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance in accordance with site procedures, rules and line management instructions.
VEUL is at the forefront of delivering centralised efficient low carbon energy solutions across public/ private residential, retail and commercial sectors throughout the UK. We operate in a rapidly expanding vibrant market for Heat and Power solutions. We design, install, operate, maintain and own environmentally friendly energy generation; and distribution systems.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for O&M activities is correct and complete for each site.
* Proactively drive Legislative and Contractual Compliance, profitability and customer satisfaction within the customer portfolio.
* Provide technical assistance to clients, contractors and work colleagues within whilst fulfilling customer service requirements and meeting both Quality Standards and HSE Objectives.
* Closely manage customer HSE objectives and Quality Standards and ensure the adoption of Safe Working Practices during the maintenance and repair of the plant.
* Complete internal performance management general reporting for use in producing client final reporting
* Make effective recommendations for continuous improvement.
* Adopt Vital Energi's HSE Policies, Procedures and Objectives, and ensure they are achieved throughout area of responsibility.
* Ensure that Statutory and Mandatory Inspections are satisfactorily carried out and documented in line with the Company's Management System. Diligently and accurately maintain, submit relevant documentation and records as required, and maintain ISO Accreditation Company Standards.
* Undertake Subcontractor Management in line with the above
You will also be required to actively take part in the callout / standby rota. A full UK driving licence and a flexible approach to working practices and hours is essential.
You must have sound knowledge on:
* Mechanical / Electrical engineering in a similar environment; with comprehensive understanding of current industry practices and relevant legislation.
* Commercial & domestic heating engineering operating & maintaining; industrial CHP, Steam, MTHW, LTHW boilers, gas, oil, biomass plant, absorption chillers/ air-conditioning plant, HVAC systems and associated distribution systems/ equipment, and plant monitoring systems (BMS, PMS).
* Heating systems, Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems
* Electronic maintenance systems with sound technical knowledge in fault finding and testing within a similar environment.
* Preparing Method statements, Risk, COSHH Assessments, and Permits to Work.
* Served a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to ND / City & Guilds/ NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical / Gas engineering discipline and registered to the appropriate body as required for the role.
* Qualified Boiler / CHP Operator or relevant trade experience.
* Hold current CSCS card
* Competitive salary (depending upon experience) plus stand-by and call-out payment
* Company van
* Contributory Company Pension Scheme
* Non-contributory death-in-service insurance
* 25 Days annual leave and 8 Bank holiday days
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Vital Energi Utilities Ltd is not accepting unsolicited CVs from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. CVs submitted to any Vital Energi Utilities Ltd employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Vital Energi Utilities Ltd. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Applications will be processed within 28 days of receipt. If you have not heard from us within this time period it will mean that your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Thanks you for your interest in Vital Energi.
The company is opposed to all forms of discrimination and will select for employment, training and promotion on the basis of suitability for the job and/ or merit. It is company policy that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, race, colour, age, ethnic or national origins, political affiliations, religious beliefs, marital status, physical disability or is disadvantaged by unjustifiable conditions or requirements.
Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in the UK and are currently resident in the UK are invited to apply