Operations Grad Internship
Portland, Oregon, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Nike Operations is comprised of Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Sourcing, and Demand & Supply Management. These three teams work closely together to keep Nike on pace by forecasting demand across an evolving marketplace, building product throughout a vast network of manufacturers, and fulfilling shipments through a distribution system capable of adapting to speed and efficiency tradeoffs.
We are looking for the following candidates: Strategist who are enterprise visionaries and big picture storytellers. Technicians who, as specialists in their field, live, breathe, and die operations. Advanced analytics professionals who are data scientists and have the ability to elevate decision making though data driven and quantitative insights. Also, Generalists who are field marshals and leaders driven by large scale impact.
Nike Supply Chain teams ensures that every year nearly one billion pieces of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right destination on time across the globe. The complex process involves 50+ distribution nodes, thousands of accounts, and over 100,000 retail doors. The team constantly pushes to become faster, more efficient and more flexible to support changing consumer needs.
MANUFACTURING & SOURCING
Nike Manufacturing & Sourcing teams constantly challenge the assumptions about how products are made. They come up with big ideas, test principles, perfect production processes and work closely with hundreds of manufacturing partners across multiple countries to create better-performing products with less waste.
Nike Planning/Demand & Supply Management teams aligns our end to end demand forecasts and product flow. The team ensures our sourcing plans align downstream to marketplace demands, enabling access to Nike product for our consumers when they want, how they want, and where they want it.
- MBA / MS completed by June 2020
- Background in Business, Operations, Analytics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement or related field preferred.
- Ability to cross-functionally network, influence and utilize internal and external resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience presenting to diverse audiences including senior leadership
- Ability to decipher themes and create stories from large datasets
- Inquisitive, creative, and process orientated mindset
- Passionate about Nike products and the consumer