Operations Director ('Plastic Packaging Industry')
Novo Executive Search & Selection Ltd
Bridgwater, Somerset, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
Our client is a leading European manufacturer of specialised packaging that supplies into the food manufacturing, catering and fresh produce sectors. The business also offers cutting-edge sealing equipment and high-performance distribution trolleys, along with adapted technical packaging products. The UK operation is part of a group of successful subsidiaries throughout Europe that are fast growing.
The company is looking to appoint an experienced Operations Director in the UK to oversee either one or two established production sites that are based in the West Country, UK. The organisation is looking to further grow revenues from the two sites and therefore the person chosen must have gravitas, be commercially focused and customer facing with a successful track record in running operations successfully in the packaging or related industries.
Core Role & Responsibilities:
- Gain an immediate understanding of current site performance(s) including trading patterns with the major customers and the current market dynamics. Build a clear picture of the competitive landscape and the immediate opportunities and threats.
- Provide inspirational leadership and motivate the site team(s) to devise and deliver against ambitious targets. Develop a collaborative working style between operational functions and where relevant between the sites. Introduce modern and simplified ways of working and effective processes.
- Ensure that innovation is proactive and becomes the cornerstone of the success on the site(s).
- Look to provide representation on key industry specific forums, to help raise awareness of the company, brand and success.
- Strive to achieve excellence in operational success, ensuring the site processes and procedures are adhered to and are first class.
- Leverage Group capability in R&D and Innovation in product and service and ensure that best practice is promoted and shared internationally.
Expertise & Track Record Needed:
- A successful track record of running professional and profitable operations for packaging companies, ideally having worked for plastics industry specific businesses.
- Preferably, a proven Operations Director background of leading a multi-functional teams on sites with revenues of £30m+.
- Gravitas & Credibility - an effective figure-head who builds excellent relationships internally and creates followership. Pragmatic, able to coach and mentor but also willing to be hands on and "to do". Comfortable in an international reporting structure and presenting at Board level.
- Understanding the environment of working with the large UK grocery retailers is very desirable.
- A good academics background is essential.
- A highly autonomous Operations Director role with exciting challenges.
- A financially stable and profitable Group business.
- A growth opportunity to lead this successful packaging business in the South West.
- A post that commands an excellent remuneration package.
If this role is of interest, please click "Apply".