OpenVMS system administration
Reliable Software Resources
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job : Open VMS system Administration
Duration:Full Time/Permanent Role
- Monitoring system performance and resources
- Identifying tasks which require automation and automate them
- Documenting processes and other VMS documentation
- Troubleshooting user problems
- Maintaining user accounts, system security and operating system files
- Performs OS and software application maintenance on assigned mission systems running the VMS operating system
- Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages, or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes the collection of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Accurately documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
- Supports system engineering groups for ongoing analysis and integration efforts.
- Works with other maintenance engineers across multiple locations providing maintenance support.
- Frequently communicates with the customer to help establish requirements and schedules.
- 6+ years of experience
- OpenVMS system administration
- OpenVMS Clusters
- Patch research and management
- Apache/Tomcat DCL scripting to automate system reporting/monitoring
- Experience with Alpha & Itanium hardware Able to work well in a team environment
- MS Office and Windows Server
- Advanced troubleshooting ability.
- Work rotating on-call schedule and be available to work after hours and on weekends.
- Ability to work and excel in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Required - Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred - Master s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Reliable Software employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.- provided by Dice