JVS, San Francisco
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Administration
We're looking for an On Call Receptionist!
What will you do? Provide high quality customer service on the phone an in person by welcoming JVS visitors and clients and supporting JVS staff. You will work with the Client Services team to maintain a welcoming and safe front office, and assist in reserving classrooms and meeting rooms. You will also provide general administrative support as needed. This is a back-up, part-time hourly position, providing hours on an as needed basis.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills; models professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance, including the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality and communicate with respect
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask while meeting client and visitor needs; ability to remain calm during challenging situations
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft and Google suites, relational databases and internet research
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Good Judgment/Decision Making Ability
- Experience providing high volume front desk or customer support in a busy, dynamic setting
- Experience with de-escalating tense situations
- Customer service experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other relational databases
Want to apply? Please email cover letter and resume to ; please use On Call Receptionist in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.
Are there benefits? Hourly contingent employees are not eligible for benefits except those required by law. You would accrue sick leave and contributions to a health flex plan under state and local requirements.
Compensation: This is an hourly, non-exempt position with a range of $18 - 22/per hour, DOE.
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, non-profit, collaborative organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at .