Oil Recovery Operator- Sweeny, TX
Veolia North America
Sweeny, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
- Tends automatic and semi-automatic machines and related equipment including pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers and chemical feed.
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates.
- Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in assigned area.
- Monitors and records operating conditions observations and data in area shift log.
- Ensures conformance to process specifications.
- Diagnoses basic operational problems and takes corrective action per procedure.
- Verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor and takes corrective actions.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance and maintenance related items as assigned.
- Performs housekeeping as required.
- Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
- Performs field tests in order to pace chemical dosages for process.
- Samples wastewater, sludge and gases according to schedule.
- Performs routine lab tests.
12 hour rotating shift (6 on, 3 off / 6:00 AM-6:00 PM, then 6:00 PM-6:00 AM)
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Wear required personnel protective equipment including; gloves, respirators, safety glasses, foot protection and hard hat.
- Lift, push, pull or carry up to 30 lbs. and up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Sit periodically and for extended periods of time; climb ladders and stairs, reach below knees and above shoulders; kneel and crawl to access work areas.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop; reach forward and grasp.
- Balance while walking on wet and slick surfaces, metal grates, narrow platforms, and uneven surfaces.
- Work in loud, cold, hot, wet and dry environments; both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.
- Enter and exit industrial vehicles and equipment without assistance.
- Work in confined spaces.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.