Nursery Assistant / Nursery Nurse
Bright Horizons 10.20 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
Bright Horizons are offering a fantastic flexible-working opportunity for passionate Nursery Nurses and Nursery Assistants to join our Bright Start team!
This 0 hour contract will offer a variety of shift opportunities at your convenience. This is a role that can work around your lifestyle whilst still offering some fantastic company benefiits and opportunities!
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
* Have a flexible approach to working hours and support local nurseries to the area within an hour of you home address.
* To complete mandatory training in line with Bright Horizons policies and procedures.
* Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child
* Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision
* Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play
* Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication at all levels
* Attend staff meetings and training sessions for continuous professional development
* Demonstrate the HEART principles in everyday working life.
* Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands i.e. Hygiene standards and room preparation
* To provide support for your colleagues within the nursery and the broader business.
* Experience of working within an early years setting
* Experience of working with children 0-5's years
* Early year's curriculum
* Basic understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection
* Basic understanding of wider legislative requirements for working with children
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (ESSENTIAL):
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to be flexible, adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES DESIRABLE:
* Child Protection
* Genuine desire and passion for ongoing learning and development
We look forward to receiving your application