Adams, Tennessee, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
One such way is implementing and maintaining our Nike Logistic System (NLS) at our various warehouses.
As our NLS Advisor, you will be part of our diverse and talented Process Excellence team supporting our operational teams in implementing and using our Nike Logistic System to reach our goals at the North American Logistic Campus (NALC) in Memphis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Support cross functional Kaizen teams across different shifts in improving their operation using LEAN tools, techniques, and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate understanding of the end-to-end value stream
- Act as a coach/teacher for the team regarding the NLS principles and tools.
- Help identify the various types of waste and non-value added activities, and how to eliminate these using root cause analysis and lean process design principles.
- Lead the team in implementing (parts of) the identified solutions
- Facilitate discussions to drive clarity and understanding among the cross functional members of the team.
- Support the team in keeping the work on track (30-60-90 day roll out plans).
• Support the NLS manager and Operational Managers in defining and maintaining standards based on best practices.
• Support the Process Excellence team in identifying areas for improvement and setting priorities by providing relevant data driven analyses on warehouse performance and processes.
• Support the Process Excellence team in driving a culture of continuous improvement.
• Support the team in fostering collaboration, alignment, and integrated execution across different functions in a matrix organization
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
To make it clear, we are not looking for just anyone. We are looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
- 3-5 years of operational warehouse experience, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- Bachelor degree and/or technical degrees preferred
- Experience with Lean tools and processes (Kaizen Events, 5S, TPM, Standard Work), additional Quality System experience is a plus.
- Well versed in problem solving techniques(8D, 5x Why, FMEA, Fishbone diagram)
- Good analytical and statistical skills (ex. Industrial Engineering or Six Sigma Training) preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of value streams maps
- Great networking skills, including ability to influence stakeholders from various backgrounds.
- Experience in teaching & coaching LEAN tools a plus
- Project management skills & experience a plus
- Service oriented, tries to get a solution "designed around the customer"
- Willingness and ability to come in off-shift when a project requires.
- Good command of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio), knowledge of Manhattan WMS a plus.