Network Engineer II - CORE IP
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Client Reference Code: 240237
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE II assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Leading project teams that maintain and improve network operations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years Data network experience - Cisco and/or Juniper.
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Efficient knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Intermediate knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Knowledge of company products and services