Network / Cyber Security Engineer
Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Our client, a provider of products, systems and engineering services to the energy industry is using their expertise to develop the renewable solutions of the future and help accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production.
Their Front-End Studies and Engineering Services team in Reading is now looking for a Network and Cybersecurity Engineer to support an offshore wind project. In this role you will be focused on the design and implementation of Network and Cybersecurity for offshore facilities / platforms from concept though to commissioning, supporting Instruments, Electrical, Telecoms, and Mechanical discipline areas.
We are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer with the following background;
- Skilled in the design and development of Network and Cybersecurity systems according to industry standards (ISO / IEC) and good practices
- Fault finding techniques associated with communications system
- Prior experience implementing and testing of network system designs
- Prior experience using a well-defined security development lifecycle
- Firewall configuration and ACLs
- Experience with the design / configuration of VLANs and VPNs
- Knowledge of networking principles and architecture, and industrial ethernet protocols
We expect our engineers to show a true passion for technology and a commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools. In return the successful candidate will receive a competitive rate and the opportunity to support a long term project. There is an opportunity to convert this contract role to a staff role at a later date.
Please apply if you'd like to hear more.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.