MS Exchange Administrator CONTRACT TO HIRE
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Kaeppel Consulting has an immediate need for a MS Exhange Administrator for a client in Chicago, IL.
Job Summary: Medical Health System Information Services department is looking for a MS Exchange Administrator who will be responsible for managing enterprise servers, enterprise applications, and server monitoring. The MS Exchange and Windows Administrator will design, implement, administer and optimize the company s server infrastructure. The Administrator responsibilities include server capacity planning, monthly maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and project support. The Administrator is responsible for creating and managing server and network documentation as required.
What you will do when you re here:
- Deploying, maintaining and customizing Windows servers in an enterprise environment.
- Implementing and maintaining VMware hypervisor environments.
- Administration and support for Active Directory services, DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc.
- Administration and support for Microsoft Exchange 2016 and Cisco IronPort
- Follow the Health System Change Control process
- Effectively work with Sinai application teams on their technical requirements and design reliable, high quality solutions.
- Support and implement group policy standards throughout managed services.
- Troubleshoot escalated issues that are physical or virtualization related.
- Support Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), for server patching.
- Plan, configure, install and maintain the hardware, operating systems, applications, Communicate with Sinai caregivers and management frequently to troubleshoot technical issues that address business requirements and user needs.
- Maintains a patch schedule for their assigned servers for the update of critical software for operating systems and firmware.
- Works with application teams to maintain network diagrams and documentation for responsible all servers and network components.
- Maintains licensing for all assigned enterprise environment components.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies for enterprise use to consistently drive down total cost of ownership
- Monitor the enterprise systems to ensure maximum user availability and system performance.
- Performs systems reconfiguration as required to optimize functioning.
- Develops methods and work with other team members to enhance security and to minimize network attacks. Implements system policies to enforce security procedures and provides training to end users in the use of and protection of IT resources.
- Provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as part of a rotation.
- Resolve assigned tickets within pre-defined SLAs.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems
What we are looking at from you:
- Bachelor s degree in computer technology; or a combination of experience and education that yields the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Certifications MCSE, VCP preferred.
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with MS Exchange Administration 2012/6.
- Knowledge of routing protocols and VLANs.
- Knowledge and some experience with blade technology.
- Knowledge of datacenter operations and management.
- Working knowledge of current industry standard technologies including Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, IIS, Spam Filters, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP.