Plano, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Large Enterprise Automotive corporation is looking to hire a Mobility Engineer for their HQ in Plano, TX. The mobility engineer will be responsible for the management of mobile devices in the office and manufacturing environments for the company. The engineer will be part of the mobility team that is responsible for supporting the mobility platform for mobile applications on a variety of device types.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter and leader with excellent technical and communication skills. The candidate has a strong interest in emerging technologies and commitment to quality. The candidate is a team-oriented individual who builds peer relationships within IS and with key vendors to deliver seamless technology solutions, and who understands business customer needs and consistently meets and exceeds expectations for modern end user experiences.
- Architect and configure Mobile Device Management systems (AirWatch is what they are primarily using now / WorkSpace One / Intune (the team is looking to move into this)/ MobiControl) to have hierarchical levels of control for Engineering team vs Support team
- Oversee the management and administration of mobile device management systems mentioned above in the environment
- Interface with business groups in R&D, North American Manufacturing Companies (NAMCs), and headquarters to implement business solutions
- Work with application teams to test and deploy apps to the various mobile devices.
- Provide technical guidance and operational procedure to Level 2 support staff who support mobility users in office and manufacturing locations in North America
- Work with close coordination with key stakeholders (Security, Active Directory, Network) in Information Systems to plan/configure MDM, MAM and devices
- Provide up to date documentation on design and support processes
- Lead and execute changes to production environment after vigorous testing and validation
- Experience in an enterprise environment is key. Over 10,000 devices.
- PowerShell experience is also important.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other technical discipline highly desired
- 5+ years in infrastructure mobile technologies, including aspects of designing, implementing and supporting mobility systems at the engineering level
- 5+ years of experience in configuring and administering MDM and multiple device types in an enterprise environment
- The candidate must possess in-depth knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- AirWatch/WorkSpace One Mobile Device management
- Microsoft Intune Mobile application management
- SOTI/MobiControl MDM and application management
- Microsoft PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Intune in the management of Microsoft Surface Hubs and MACs.
- The candidate must have excellent customer service attitude and ability to work with others in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong ability to communicate highly technical information to management teams
- Ability to understand business' goals and objectives, with demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems
- Strong organizational skills, capability to schedule and coordinate multiple activities in results-oriented environment. Initiative and ability to enforce policies and procedures through influence
- Highly available and responsive to occasional after-hours problem management in a mission critical 24/7 support environment
- Advance level in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and networking concepts such as TCP/IP and other networking protocols and services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, Routing, MAC
- Working understanding of LAN, WAN including firewall and VPN technologies
- Working Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodology