Mixer/Dump Truck Driver - Interstate Concrete & Asphalt (Sandpoint, ID
CRH Americas Materials
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Transport & Logistics
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Job Description/Summary: Drive company truck (dump truck, mixer truck, tanker, low boy and/or sand train/belly dump to job sites or company locations to deliver materials.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
2. Be able to ingress and egress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present.
3. Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
4. Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
5. Operate truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
6. Read map book and navigate to destination in a safe and timely manner.
7. May add materials and additives to concrete mix by navigating an 8-rung ladder to access the drum.
8. Rinse out drum and chutes, and dump slurry as required by established procedures.
9. Attach hoses to truck with clamping system. Open valves to discharge contents of tank. Discharge the product into storage while observing the hose and connections to ensure there are not leaks or hazards. Return discharge hoses and fill caps to proper storage areas.
10. Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
11. Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
12. Ensure quality of product delivered.
13. Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
14. Inform customers of new products or services. Listen to and communicate or resolve service complaints.
15. Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete construction techniques. Tactfully inform customer of concrete working methods and improper forms as appropriate.
16. Record sales and delivery information by handwriting and/or use of tablet computer
17. Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
18. Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
19. Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
20. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
21. Perform other related duties as required or directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two years general driving experience preferred in a commercial or construction setting highly preferred.
Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Must have a valid driver's license, CDL Class A with self-certification of non-excepted interstate and current DOT medical card.
Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate machine controls.
Basic mechanical skills required.
Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .