Misc Metals & Stair Estimator
Fought & Company Inc. / REFA Erection Inc.
Portland, Oregon, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
Structural Steel Fabricator / Erector in the Portland, Oregon area seeks a motivated individual to join our Estimating Family. This is a great opportunity to join a local, well established construction company in the Portland Metro area.
We offer a dynamic benefits package which includes a generous Profit Sharing Trust Plan; 53rd Week Bonus Plan; 401k; paid time off, paid holidays, excellent medical/dental insurance, short and long term disability, group life insurance and flexible spending with a competitive salary, in a family oriented work environment and the strong potential for growth within the company.
We are open to hearing from applicants from diverse backgrounds of experience and education, but as a minimum, we are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
Preferred, But Not Required Education and Experience:
- AAS degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management or Building Construction Technology or other industry-related college degree. Combinations of experience and education will also be considered.
- 1-10 years of experience in commercial construction (ideally structural steel, miscellaneous metals and steel stairs) in the role of an Estimator is preferred.
- Experience w/ 3d modelling and design software such as Tekla BIMsight, is preferred, but not required.
Overview of Job Duties:
- Preparation of construction estimates, project RFP and specification review and writing of steel erection bid proposals through the use of Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, MS Project), Fabsuite, Tekla BIMsight, Bluebeam and other Estimating platforms.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interpret construction drawings, logistics plans, schedules and construction budget information.
- Participation in project planning and representation of the company in meetings with clients.
- Close Coordination with team estimators and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Occasional travel to project sites to investigate construction problems & schedule issues.
- Maintaining contact with clients & tracking potential project leads for future work.
Please respond by submitting a resume, cover letter & salary requirements to be considered for this position. All applications will be reviewed with complete confidentiality.
Fought & Company, Inc./REFA Erection, Inc. considers all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, marital status, disability, protected genetic information, pregnancy, veteran/military status, as well as association with a person in a protected classification, family relationships (with limited exceptions), expunged juvenile court records, off-duty tobacco use and wage garnishments.