Seychell Engineering & Fabrication Ltd
salary: 15.00 British Pound . GBP Hourly
Bicester, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Seychell are looking to appoint a CNC Miller - Programmer/Setter/Operator.
The successful candidate will be expected to operate VMC's using Heidenhain and/or Hurco controls and should have sufficient experience to be able to work quickly and accurately without supervision to machine one off and low volume parts to a tolerances of up to 5 microns. Both on-line and off-line programming skills are required with off-line programming carried out on OneCNC.
* Program, set and operate and 3 and 4 Axis vertical milling machines using Heidenhain and/or Hurco controls
* Setting tools, producing components plus loading and unloading of machines
* Working on highly technical products to tight tolerances and strict quality standards
Standard hours of work are 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 2.30pm on Friday with overtime available.
The hourly pay for the role will depend on skills and experience. The role also has the benefit of the company pension scheme and bonus scheme.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a similar role, be able to work under pressure in order to meet customer deadlines and have the following key skills:
* A minimum of 5 years experience of setting and operating vertical milling machines using Heidenhain and/or Hurco controls
* A minimum of 3 years experience of programming on the machine using Heidenhain and/or Hurco controls
* Experience in off-line programming preferably using OneCNC software
* Experience in a one-off/small volume production environment
* Experience of producing conforming first-offs to drawing and quality specifications
* Experience with modern quality control standards and measurement of parts
* Experience of working to tight tolerances
* Product inspection experience
* Good communication skills
* Good organisational skills
Other Non-Essential Skills
* Experience of operating 5 Axis machining centres