Middleware Support Platform Engineer
Software Resources, Inc.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Software Resources has immediate, long term contract Middleware Support Platform Engineer positions with a major corporation in Orlando, FL.
Provide middleware technical support to applications and development teams. Support one or more core middleware technologies that are underpinnings of critical business applications. Will work with Middleware support team that is engaged in all aspects of middleware solutions, which include design, configuration, tuning and support of middleware environments; consults with Application Architects and Developers on middleware usage. Works with other internal teams to troubleshoot and remediate performance bottlenecks and production issues. May build Middleware configurations in support of application rollouts and application growth. Provide support for middleware environments. Installs and configures middleware software on virtual and/or physical servers. Deploys WAR, JAR, EAR files (etc.) into production and other supported environments. Patching and updating Middleware components in support of technical currency initiatives and internal Standards. Minimum 2 years middleware administration experience. Bachelors Degree or equivalent. Solid understanding of AWS and/or Azure infrastructure provisioning, etc. Certified on one or more GBTS Core Middleware technologies (WebSphere, MQ, JBoss, TC Server). ITIL Foundations v3 certified. Middleware clustering expertise. Familiarity with ITIL best practices with a focus on service design and transition.
- 2 to 4 years of progressively related experience in Systems Engineering and/or software development.
- In-depth knowledge of systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, NAS/SAN technologies, and internet and web applications.
- Systems support
- AWS and Azure provisioning and support
- Tools and middleware including Chef, Ansible, Terraform, MQ, TC Server, WebSphere
- Open Source
- Enterprise operating systems (Linux, AIX, Unix, Windows)
- Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
1. Participates in the day-to-day maintenance and administration of software platform(s), and configuration updates following established procedures.
2. Assists in identifying root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends solutions for implementation by others.
3. Designs systems management solutions using automation and self repair, rather than alarming
4. Ability to move forward and take action in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
a. Consults with application team as necessary to resolve issues and/or clarify requirements.
5. Works with business units to plan for small projects and events impacting the relevant platform, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery, and migration strategies.
6. Provides research, design, building, testing, and support to software platform(s), including support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded platform or infrastructure.
7. Acts as Level 3 resource for front line incidents and user requests
8. Identifies and recommends the development of best practices, new approaches, validation, and adherence to existing processes.
9. Assists with documentation of new and existing standards and best practice.
11. Participates in the development and refinement of standards and best practices for the production environment based on the needs of the supported business units.
12. Willing and able to ask difficult questions and build consensus when necessary
13. Present technical information, in communicable verbal or written format, to technical and/or business audience.
- Database software (Microsoft SQL, Oracle)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Tech
Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Tech
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you're located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call or visit us online at and leave the recruiting to us!