Mfg. Planner / Material Scheduler
Anaheim, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Position: Mfg. Planner / Material Scheduler
Location : Anaheim, CA
Duration : Contract
Rapidly expanding, industry leading Aerospace precision component manufacturer has immediate need for Contract Manufacturing Planner. Analyzes all scheduling reports including capacity base on work breakdown schedule; material requirements list and production plans for work centers. Ensures major projects, program schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including program management, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and quality. A complete understanding of how a Bill of Materials is developed and managed through the product life cycle, including identifying make and buy parts and revision control of parts.
Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability and production problems to ensure that personnel/equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed; schedules production equipment; confirms material supply and demands; prepares purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
- Performs shop order release, closure in ERP system, and reconciliation of parts.
- Works production schedules for multiple programs and ensures actual production meets scheduled requirements by working with Value Stream Leaders to ensure work center delivery performance.
- Analyzes risks to identified solutions and bottlenecks, including forward and reverse scheduling methods, for schedule recovery.
- Manages schedule at work center activities using comprehensive program/milestone schedules through visual and system established controls.
- Updates visual management boards daily with detailed status by displaying schedule information relative to program(s) progress.
- Performs risk analysis, identifying and resolving critical path, and MRP logic conflicts.
- Perform work order variance analysis, review MRP execution, ensures accuracy of information, reconciles supply and demand, and validates master scheduling requirement.
Requires 5 plus years experience in Mfg. Planner, Material Scheduler, expediter role in manufacturing environment, Aerospace and machining / CNC experience preferred. Proficiency with computer automated scheduling systems (shop floor control database/software preferred). Experience with machining, CNC mfg. environments a plus. Proficiency with ERP/MRP Systems, proficiency with scheduling software. Knowledgeable in planning, input/output control, product structures, bill of materials, routings, demand management, stockroom, purchasing and actual accounting systems. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-directed, proactive.- provided by Dice