Metallurgy Failure Analysis Manager
SGS United Kingdom Ltd
Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: Failure Metallurgist - Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Job Location: Manchester
As the Failure Analysis Manager, you'll act as overall technical lead for the metallurgical failure analysis department, you'll manage the failures department and deal with day to day administration activities, undertaking any reasonable tasks to support the business and laboratory staff in their roles and responsibilities, to include;
* Leading the review of client requirements and execution of failure analysis project work.
* Monitoring and supervising the workload of the team, to ensure even distribution of work and to ensure that all prioritise, and deadlines are achieved.
* Ensuring that equipment is properly maintained, safety checks and calibrations are completed on time and in line with company procedures.
* Leading and motivating the team and individuals in the achievement of their personal and team objectives and KPI's, to ensure efficiency and performance is maximised.
* Carrying out tasks to ensure continuous improvement in the operating efficiencies of the failure analysis business operations to ensure customer requirements are met and exceeded where possible.
* Contributing and leading the team in providing the highest levels of customer service to ensure contractual requirements are met.
* Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business where appropriate.
To be successful in this role, you'll need extensive knowledge and background of metallurgy, and in failure analysis.
You'll be results focussed and have a solid understanding of business requirements and will have the ability to organise and motivate a team towards shared objectives, you'll have experience of managing and maintaining workloads, and will be able to prioritise tasks in a fast paced and changing environment, responding to tight deadlines.
In addition, you'll also require;
* Experience, understanding and practical application of materials testing standards
* Experience in working with SEM / EDS (Scanning Electron Microscopy / Energy Dispersive analysis)
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent technical report writing
* Ability to motivate and influence positive outcomes
* Excellent attitude to timekeeping and attendance record
* Presenting and formal communication at any level
* MSc in related discipline (E.g. Metallurgy, Corrosion Engineering, Materials Science)
* BSc and / or formal qualification in related discipline
* Related evidence of professional development
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days