Please scroll down, To apply
Mechanical Static Engineer
Aberdeen City, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The primary purpose of this position is to provide discipline engineering support to UK operations to ensure equipment integrity and regularity
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and Client HSEQ procedures
- Responsible for defining equipment/system performance standards and specifications of new equipment
- Responsible for monitoring equipment/system performance initiating and ensuring corrective actions.
- Responsible for discipline engineering and maintenance support to UK operations
- Provide discipline support to UK operated assets.
- Establish long term facility modification & maintenance plans/programs to ensure cost effective operation and asset integrity throughout facility lifetime.
- Provide input and strategy for activities related to transition from old to new facilities, including participating in review of outstanding workload and optimisation of modification portfolio.
- Responsible to provide budget input/scope for maintenance and modifications.
- Responsible for continuously challenging technical solutions, engineering performance and cost of modification projects.
- Provide engineering responses and solutions to Technical Queries.
- Project champion in Modification projects FEL 1 and 2 phases, and support FEL 3 and execution.
- Provide an optimised preventive maintenance program, including detailed work packages for UK Operated Assets.
- Follow up of Research and Development projects.
- Provide technical support to Operations teams when requested.
- Responsible for equipment performance including spare part management and warranty follow up.
- Provide plans to manage obsolete equipment so that it does not impact safety or business performance.
- Adhere to contract management processes and ensure vendor delivery is robustly managed for any assigned contracts.
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
- Engineering Degree required
- Chartered Engineer Status and Corporate Member of a professional body preferred.
- Understanding of processes required to meet HSE objectives. Fully conversant with UK regulatory environment
- Understanding of client Corporate and Local budget, maintenance and project management processes and tools
- Able to drive continuous improvement and to instigate and make change happen.
- Significant operational and engineering experience.
- Set ambitious, yet realistic goals and targets, and consistently achieve these.
- Previous relevant technical experience
- Offshore experience
- Self-driven. Strong personal leadership and drive toward teamwork. Ability to perform effectively within a strong peer group and to drive toward optimal business solutions
- Good communicating, influencing, negotiating and networking skills. Builds excellent relationships. Respected internally and externally
- Awareness of client HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
- Awareness of client Values & Business Principles
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.