Mechanical Project Manager
MMP Consultancy 30.00 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: temporary
Job industry: Engineering
An exciting opportunity has arisen working for a London based NHS Trust. My client is looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager on an interim basis for 6 months.
All project work is based on mechanical systems upgrades and changes which include steam based hot water generators and heating systems, ventilation, air handling units, refrigeration. The role is to support Project Managers on delivering a number of projects on time and to budget.
* Assist to produce business cases, project reports, technical specifications and drawings, against technical needs and the agreed brief and seek, through competitive tender/quotations, cost effective submissions from the suitable suppliers/contractors.
* Maintain the existing system of filing of drawings and documents. General knowledge of contract administration is must.
* Develop and maintain a database of suppliers' details for all groups and facilitate procurement of such items. Point of liaison for external suppliers.
* To be part of the team to analyse all quotations, tenders received leaving the Senior Project Manager to make recommendations to the Capital Projects Team for awarding such contracts including cost/content and timescale plus type of contract, order or commitment to be used.
* All and any other duties allocated by the Senior Projects Manager
The successful candidate will have a mechanical engineering background and hold a mechanical engineering qualification, ideally to HNC level. The successful candidate will also be a competent user on MS Word, Excel, Projects and be able to read technical drawings (CAD). It is desirable for the successful candidate to hold a project management qualification (Prince2).
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted