Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
SF Group 28000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
SF Group are recruiting a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company located on the outskirts of Nottingham. After continued growth our client is now looking to expand their maintenance team to improve product quality and machine efficiency.
Duties will include:
- Day to day maintenance of saws, spindles, glue spreading equipment, hydraulic presses, post forming and edge banding equipment, dust extraction and compressors
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance checks including mechanical, electrical and calibration, react to production breakdowns and also undertake regular machinery inspections
- Be proactive and understand the financial implications of keeping the production lines moving and keeping breakdowns to an absolute minimum
- Look at areas of improvement, playing an active part in project work and installation of new equipment with company growth
- A Mechanical engineer ideally from an FMCG background with 5yrs experience
- Qualified mechanical engineering to a minimum of ONC / BTEC level 3 or equivalent
- Sound Electrical knowledge
- A strong knowledge and experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Good experience of mechanical power transmission systems
- Sound knowledge of 3phase motors and inverters, control systems and instrumentation. Have ability to read wiring diagrams to assist with fault finding
- Experience of PLC fault finding is desirable
- A reliable team player able to build trusting relationships with colleagues and work unsupervised when required
- A good eye for detail and takes pride in work
- Be a good communicator and able to prioritise workload
- Conversant with health and safety legislation and committed to following company H&S policies
This is a permanent position paying £28,000 plus additional rate for overtime.
Shifts are set days with flexibility to work overtime when required.