Mechanical Engineer - Diesel Engines
Bennett & Game Recruitment
salary: 28000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Diesel Engineer required. My client is a well-established dealer of diesel engines for marine, HGV and generator applications, operating across Hampshire. They are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Engineer to strip down, rebuild, service, maintain and repair their customers' range of Volvo Penta high speed diesel engines, based predominantly from their workshop but also travelling within the surrounding area to customer sites.
The successful engineer will have a mechanical background with relevant qualifications to support their skillset. Previous experience working with high speed diesel engines is essential and specific Volvo Penta experience and/or qualifications are highly desirable. You will be joining a team of 6 engineers and will be comfortable working alone or effectively as part of a motivated group. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic engineer to make a long term career move.
Mechanical Engineer - Diesel Engines Position Overview
- Undertake full engine rebuilds, including strip down, fault finding and assembly in the workshop
- Service and repair a range of engines for marine, HGV and generator applications, travelling to customer sites across Hampshire
- Provide electrical maintenance for 12V, 24V and CANBUS systems
- Provide 24-hour emergency repair services as part of a call out rota (1 in 4)
- Train engineers where required
- Attend company training courses where necessary
Mechanical Engineer - Diesel Engines Position Requirements
- Strong mechanical background with electrical skills
- Experience working with high speed diesel engines including full rebuilds
- Volvo Penta engine experience and CANBUS knowledge extremely advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Full (clean) UK driving license
- Based within a commutable distance of Fareham
Mechanical Engineer - Diesel Engines Position Remuneration
- £22,000 - £28,000 depending on experience + overtime
- 20 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Call out rota (1 week in 4)
- Company Van
- Working Hours: Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.