Mechanical Design Engineer
KPJ Group 35000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Manchester City, Manchester, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Are you an experienced user of revit? Are you somebody who wants to work on exceptionally varied and diverse projects in a supportive environment?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a significantly experienced and talented Engineering Team based at an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy in Manchester.
Projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors and developers.
- 25 days holiday
- Company car or car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 5% Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
- Permanent contract from day one
What you'll be doing:
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
What we need from you:
- Experience with running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings and specification.
- Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
- AutoCAD experience (experience with IES modelling and Revit would be an advantage)
This company actively challenge and continuously improve their performance by investing in the training and development of their people. This is a brilliant opportunity for a dedicated Design Engineer to advance their career, whilst being handsomely rewarded.