Master Software Engineer, Full Stack
Mc Lean, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software Engineer, Full Stack
As a Capital One Full Stack Master Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
Roles, skills, and attributes required:
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Enjoys learning new technologies and mentoring junior engineers to raise the bar on the team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a professional environment that values open communication
- Energy and a clear passion for the role
- Demonstrated personal values aligned with the corporate values
- Willingness to travel occasionally to attend meetings, attend conferences or training
- Bachelor's degree, or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software development using Go,Java or Node.js technologies
- At least 2 years of experience with REST Microservices development
- At least 1 year of experience with Angular
- At least 3 years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, GCP, Docker
- 8+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years experience with RESTful API or Micro service development
- 2+ years experience with Angular (version 2 or greater)
- 5+ years experience in one of the following: RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS), NoSQL (Redis, DynamoDB), Other (CockroachDB, DGraph)
- 4+ years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, GCP, Docker
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.