Maritime Operation Center (MOC) Cyber/Information Warfare SME Job
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Government & Defence
Maritime Operation Center (MOC) Cyber/Information Warfare SME (Job Number:440408)
- The Engineering, Integration, and Missions Solutions, in support of the Defense Systems Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a qualified Maritime Operations Center (MOC) Exercise Support Team (EST) Cyber/Information Warfare (IW) SME at Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC), Norfolk, VA.
- The individual in this position will provide subject matter expertise (SME) and CYBER / Information Operations (IO) support to USFF in the accomplishment their mission to train and sustain Maritime Operations Centers (MOCs) command and control capabilities at Major and Numbered Fleets Commands, Naval Component Commands (NCC) and when designated, Joint Force Maritime Component Commands (JFMCC) at the Operational Level of War (OLW).
- The ideal candidate must have naval operational experience and knowledge for how CYBER/IO supports the following areas: Operations, Plans, Command and Control (C2) Command Authorities, Fires, Intelligence and Special Access Programs/Special Technical Operations, Integrated Air and Missile Defense/Ballistic Missile Defense, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), OLW Logistics, Special Operations Forces/Irregular Warfare, Inter Agency, C2 Systems, Command and Control of Command and Control (C2 of C2) or Assured C2 Process, Strategic Communications, Cyber Operations, Space Operations, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Information Management/Knowledge Management, Personnel, and Assessments.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate must have performance-based Operational Level Exercise Program (OL-EP) experience, which includes the full spectrum of maritime operations support tasks required in the conduct of simulated and real-world events (local, remote, distributed, live, virtual, and constructive; friendly, neutral, and threat maritime forces).
- These tasks include, but are not limited to: exercise concept development, planning, scheduling, modeling, simulation architecture design, simulation management and operations, intelligence, scenario development, database builds and tests, event response and control cells, assessment, as well as support to development of future maritime domains within the joint training environment.
- Coordinate with MOC Training Team (TT) on-site contractor staff, as required, to accomplish tasks, briefs and point-papers to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with appropriate MOC TT members to prepare required reports, staff actions, point- papers, talking points, and all other staff products in support of but not limited to the following activities of USFF OLW:
- Assist in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment and specific storylines that ensure the commander?s training objectives are accomplished. Assist government representatives in debrief of OLW exercises in accordance with appropriate measures of effectiveness (MOE) using USFF established Navy Mission Essential Task Lists (NMETL).
- Develop synthetic exercise scenarios in accordance with current naval, joint, and coalition doctrine, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and forward deployed Numbered Fleet requirements in an OLW environment.
- Develop synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and support of live events as required.
- Utilize the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool to track storylines and specific events on a daily basis.
- Provide recommendations for and development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator operators, etc.) to live training exercises.
- Develop exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include but not limited to Operation Orders (OPORD), exercise directives and exercise game books.
- Provide for the execution of synthetic war-gaming software for OLW synthetic events/exercises as required. Provide the government lead with appropriate lessons learned from synthetic training exercises and ensure relevant changes are incorporated in future exercises.
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine.
- Develop collection plans in support of Observer/Trainers (O/T) to aid in the preparation of After Action Reports (AAR) and daily summary reports.
- Participate in the development of the AARs based on observations of the training audience during exercise execution.
- Develop and maintain MOC levels of performance, readiness assessment and feedback standards, as well as associated standard metrics (training proficiency observations (TPO), training proficiency evaluations (TPE), training proficiency assessments (TPA), mission training assessments (MTA), and mission assessments (MA)) for entry into the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) and the Defense Readiness Reporting System (Navy) (DRRS-N).
- Understand all aspects of cyber and information warfare (IW).
- Provide technical design of M&S tools and systems to stimulate MOC cyber and intelligence operational C2 systems.
- Provide technical integration of cyber and information warfare systems to include integration and operation of distributed simulation systems, networks, Command Control Communications, Computers, & Intelligence (C4I) systems and related infrastructure and interfaces used to support Navy OLW training.
- Serve as the primary SME for cyber and information warfare scenario development, Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) simulation to stimulation architecture development, and NCTE cyber training capabilities integration.
- Support scenario development in area of Cyber and Information Warfare that emphasize operations in a denied / degraded environment.
- Support event planners by developing startex documents that include but are not limited to: Road to Crisis, Ground Truth, Threat Assessment and Opposing Force (OPFOR) Campaign Plan.
- Provide advice in all aspects of cyber and information warfare technologies and interfaces and coordinate their use in Combatant Command (CCMD) and Navy Fleet level training, and exercises.
Required Education and Experience:
- U.S. citizen with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- 10 years? experience in the Navy Information Warfare community as a carrier strike group IW officer/MOC staff IW officer.
- Experience working in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) environment.
- Demonstrated cyber warfare experience.
- Possess working knowledge of DoD IT systems and network certification, and accreditation processes to include security authorization agreements.
- Ability to meet medical screening qualifications to embark on U.S. Navy, USNS or host nation ships when required to get underway for periods in excess of 24 hours.
- TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
- Experience using Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) modeling and simulation program.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
*Job Posting:* Sep 24, 2018, 11:58:33 AM
*Primary Location:* United States-VA-NORFOLK
*Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:* Top Secret/SCI
*Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:* Top Secret/SCI
*Potential for Teleworking:* No
*Travel:* Yes, 25% of the time
*Shift:* Day Job