Durham, North Carolina, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Precision BioSciences seeks a Manufacturing Associate to perform a variety of tasks associated with the production of gene and cell therapy products. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in the CAR T manufacturing processat a rapidly growing biotechnology company focused on the development of highly novel genome-edited therapeutics for immuno-oncology and genetic disease. Precision BioSciences currently has 220 employees and a highly people- and patient-centric, science-driven culture. Operations are predominantly performed within a cleanroom environment under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Perform processing and other duties as required by the production schedule
- Assist in the execution of cell culture and purification procedures for multiple manufacturing platforms
- Follow batch records and complete all documentation in a clear and concise fashion
- Perform media and reagent preparation duties
- Manage time and multi-task to complete all assignments and responsibilities with supervisors guidance
- Maintain a safe working environment for self and others, including work area cleanliness
- Monitor resources and enforces SOPs to ensure data integrity and compliance with the industry
- Perform ancillary laboratory support tasks as needed to support the manufacturing facility
- Occasional night and weekend work will be required
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelors (preferred) or Associates degree in a science or related field and 2+ years industry experience, or equivalent training and experience
- Must be comfortable with performing tasks while fully gowned in a cleanroom environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of GMP and other government and industry standards
- Experience executing SOPs
- Experience working with various cell culture techniques and scales (e.g. shake flasks, 100L reactors)
- Experience with the separation, filtration, purification and aseptic filling procedures of bioproducts (e.g. mRNA, AAV)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- This is an office-based position at our Manufacturing Center for Advanced Therapies (MCAT) in RTP, NC
- This position may require limited local travel (5-10%)