Manager Strategy and Transformation London
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
A career within Information Technology Risk Assurance services, will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies. We assist clients in understanding and challenging their current risk profiles and develop strategies to build digital confidence by embracing opportunities to stay competitive through building trust and resilience into their technology systems. We cover a wide range of disciplines, including risk evaluation, operational and strategic Information Technology processes, project governance, application implementation, data integrity, cyber security, and accounting/audit.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
You'll be part of our industry leading, London Top-Tier (LTT) team. Our LTT team provides services to a wide range of FTSE 100 clients from both the public and private sectors.
You'll be a key member of our Strategy and Transformation team. The team helps our clients to reduce the risk of project failure and increase the value delivered by projects. With the delivery of business critical transformation and IT programmes becoming more complex and challenging, we're finding the requirement for good programme assurance is stronger than ever before.
- Managing engagements, working to meet client commitments and expectations
- Managing teams, including taking an active role in coaching and developing your team members
- Building long-term relationships with key individuals / clients
- Raising the team's profile externally by expanding the network, including with external bodies
- Developing existing client relationships and winning new work, including working on proposals and being activity involved in client pitches
- Working to increase awareness of Programme Assurance across the wider PwC business
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of large transformation project/programme management
- Technology experience, e.g. but not limited to SAP, Oracle, Cloud. Mobile App or Artificial Intelligence
- Sector vertical experience ideally in FTSE100 or Government agencies
- Leading management practice experience, e.g. Agile Project Delivery, PMO Development and Operation, or portfolio management
- Well-developed consultant skill set developed in a Big Four firm or boutique project management consultancy or Systems Integrator or industry role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentational skills
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- Professional Services organisation experience
- Business development experience
- Project Management qualifications, e.g. MSP, Prince2, MAPM, MoR, Agile, Scrum
- Functional expertise in Enterprise Apps, e.g. CRM, Billing, SCM, or ERP systems
- Project Management qualifications, e.g. MSP, Prince2, MAPM, MoR
- Data & analytics and/or Cyber expertise
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.