Manager, Quality Systems
Monrovia, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Manager, Quality Systems
The Quality Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and directing all aspects of the Quality department. This position is responsible for the management of the ISO based Quality system, document control, training and calibration. The Quality Manager supervises both exempt and non-exempt, union and non-union employees.
Each job function will be conducted within the quality standards described in the Quality Policy and Safety Rules. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the development of techniques and procedures for inspecting and testing company products
- Responsible to successfully maintain aerospace and customer certifications (AS9100, NADCAP, ISO9001)
- Conduct analysis on product defects, production processes, and customer requirements in order to recommend modifications in products and/or quality standards
- Responsible for inspection and test operations
- Maintains and continually improves the Quality Management System
- Partners with engineering to manage the document control process
- Establishes effective communication channels that ensure the flow of quality-related information into and out of the department
- Identifies and develops new quality metrics as needs arise
- Assists in development of strategic and tactical plans to ensure achievement of company and departmental goals
- Mentors and coaches critical thinking and structured problem solving for the quality, engineering and production organizations within the company.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS degree or equivalent training in technical or quality areas
- Five or more years in direct quality related area and management experience or equivalent combination of education, and experience
- Multi site experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably from automotive, aerospace & defense environments
- Knowledge of AS9100 and NADCAP requirements
- Experience with FAA certification processes and requirements
- Experience with mechanical/physical testing
- Extensive knowledge of composite materials and adhesives for aerospace applications.
- Extensive knowledge of composite and metal bonding processes
- Lean and six sigma trained in the processes and tools
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Project
- Able to read and interpret documents such as blue prints or mechanical drawings. Strong statistical and math understanding; excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Pleasant personality, must interact with all levels of personnel, customers and vendors
- Create, read and understand internal procedures and policies
- Overtime and weekend work as needed to support manufacturing
- Overnight travel as needed to support customer and manufacturing
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
801 Royal Oaks
Monrovia, California, 91016