Manager (f/m) - RF Materials & Interconnects Group
Fraunhofer-Institut für Zuverlässigkeit und Mikrointegration IZM
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
FRAUNHOFER-INSTITUTE FOR RELIABILITY AND MICROINTEGRATION IZM
CALLING ALL FUTURE EXPERTS IN THE AREA OF RF CHARACTERIZATION OF PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIES! MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TALENTS BY JOINING THE FRAUNHOFER RF MATERIALS & INTERCONNECT TEAM. POSTS ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR:MANAGER (F/M/D)
"RF MATERIALS & INTERCONNECTS" GROUP
The Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration, IZM, is one of the leading institutes worldwide in the field of electronic packaging, RF design and system-integration of microsystems. The department of RF & Smart Sensor Systems at IZM carries out cutting-edge research and development on RF design and test of miniaturized hardware modules for high-speed computing, wireless communication and radar sensing as well as on system design for autonomous wireless sensor nodes. The "RF Materials & Interconnects" group is one of the seven groups in the department of RF & Smart Sensor Systems. It conducts applied research in the following areas:
- High-frequency characterization of dielectric materials using a combination of electromagnetic modeling, simulation and measurement techniques in the GHz and THz frequency bands
- Electromagnetic modelling, design, measurement and optimization of interconnect technologies (e.g., transmission lines and vias) in electronic packages and system boards for high-frequency applications
We are currently seeking for a new manager of the "RF Materials & Interconnects" group.
Your future tasks include the following
- Management of the "RF Materials & Interconnects" group
- Acquisition of public funded and industry R&D projects
- Management of R&D projects in the following areas:
- High-frequency characterization of dielectric materials
- Electromagnetic modeling, design and measurement of packaging interconnects (e.g., transmission lines and vias)
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses
What we expect from you
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics, preferably a PhD
- Expertise in RF characterization of dielectric materials and/or electromagnetic modeling, design and measurement of interconnects for high-frequency applications
- Experience in the acquisition and management of research projects
- Independent and structured working method
- Strong leadership qualities and technical skills to manage a group of research engineers and student employees
- Team spirit
What you can expect from us
- Challenging national and international research projects that are state of the art
- State of the art laboratory equipment and software tools for RF/millimeter wave design and characterization
- Interdisciplinary work environment with specialists in the area of packaging technology for micro-integration, thermal and thermo-mechanical design
- Opportunity to publish at and attend national and international conferences
- Promotion of professional and personal development
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits are based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). Additionally, Fraunhofer may grant performance-based variable remuneration components.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates. We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasizes gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe's largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people's needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people's lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please apply online via:
Further information can be found here: